BiP Solutions is recruiting for a Junior Content Editor to join our Content team based in our Manchester office.
About the company
BiP Solutions is Europe’s leading provider of procurement products, systems and solutions. As a market leader in procurement and supply chain, we have over 35 years’ experience in facilitating engagement between private and public sector. We have helped thousands of businesses win government tenders and assisted the public sector in handling their procurement needs effectively and compliantly.
With a passion for technology, we are currently embarking on a transformation journey putting digital and customers at the heart of everything we do.
This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody in the early stage of their career keen to take on an editorial role in an exciting and fast-paced setting. The ideal candidate will be a good all-rounder and team player, have the ability to spot a good story, and be able to demonstrate a genuine overall passion and enthusiasm for writing and content creation.
Construction Online is one of our flagship websites, responsible for providing up-to-date and informative news, insight and intelligence to benefit UK businesses who are keen to tap into this marketplace. As part of our ambitious plans to grow in this area, we have created a new role to support our site’s content strategy and aspirations in the next financial year and beyond.
Reporting directly into the Head of Content and Client Services, the core responsibilities of the Junior Content Editor will include:
- Working alongside our Construction lead to develop our content strategy for Construction Online and associated areas
- Source and create content to educate the market and encourage interested parties to subscribe and engage with Construction Online
- Producing original and engaging news and feature content aligned to key sectors covered by Construction Online
- Creation of specialist publications to better inform the UK Construction industry on key challenges and opportunities and the burning issues of the day
- Work with key stakeholders to guide content and features in support of current supply chain opportunities, and coverage of major infrastructure projects
- Delivering high-quality fresh and re-purposed content which can be used in a variety of channels and formats in support of the Construction Online brand including emails; blogs; social media – LinkedIn, Twitter; newsletters; white papers / guidance papers; case studies; reports; video; infographics; market research and press releases
- Providing administrative support, as and when needed
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organisation and time management
- Ability to adapt tone of voice and approach to different kinds of content
- Enthusiasm and passionate about content creation
- Time management skills and ability to work on own or collaboratively
- Telephone and interviewing skills
As the successful candidate you will:
- Have at least one year’s experience of working in a content role and a journalism or communications-related qualification would be desirable
- Be proficient in the use of social media, in particular LinkedIn and Twitter and use of social media management tools such as Hootsuite
- Have a good understanding of writing for different audiences / personas across a range of content channels
- Experience using WordPress is desirable although training will be given
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Construction industry would be desirable, but not essential
What’s On Offer?
- Competitive salary
- Annual company performance bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Flexibility with working hours
- 30 days annual leave (increasing with length of service)
- Option to buy/sell up to 5 days holiday
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org